The kernel that is uses is the latest Linux Kernel Read more
Get your PC a fresh look
With a new UI, and Kvantum themes, this OS will greet you with the latest Sweet Mars UI. Read more about Sweet Mars UI here. The new Icon Pack that pearOS uses is something fresh, different from what you probably seen. Based on Bubble Dark. Read more about pearOS Icons here.
Compatible. Flexible. Accessible.
pearOS is compatible with a lot of devices. Anything that can run Windows 7 with Aero enabled, can run pearOS. pearOS is also f l e x i b l e which means it can be modified and customized as you like. About the accessibility of the pearOS, it is pretty cheap, it's price being $0.00! Download it for free now.
Easy to use
It contains everything you would need for daily use (i.e. internet browsing, social media, email) without the need of the Terminal. If you want Office applications you can find Libre Office in the Software applications, for free.
Your data belongs to you.
pearOS does not use trackers, "anonymous feedback" or other "data collecting" stuff to deliver the experience you want to get. All the feedback is given on pearOS Discord server or on reddit r/pearos.
The power to do anything.
As a base, it may be suprising, but it uses Arch Linux. with pearOS's own version control. You will get a super lightweight experience with no bloatware
Speedy on computers, old & new.
The new pearOS uses Arch Linux as a base. It can run on both modern and legacy hardware, with some limmitations(see System Requirements)
Minimum system requirements
- CPU: Intel i3, AMD Ryzen 3 or any equivalent dual core CPU.
- GPU memory or VRAM: 128MB (dedicated)/ 256MB(shared)
- RAM: 4GB (8GB for the smoothest experience)
- Storage: 50GB of free space (SSD is recommended but not necesarry)
- Running in VM will not provide a very good performance, so expect to some bugs
- Not all Realtek Wi-Fi adapters are compatible with pearOS out-of-the-box. You will need to find the correct driver on the internet in case you don't have Wi-Fi connection.
Find the right Pearbook for you
PearBooks are based on clevo laptops, with stunning RGB keyboard powered by the Cyrex RGB control center for controlling the Keyboard lights. More of it coming soon.